FREELANCE TECHNICAL PATTERNMAKER
One of the largest fashion companies in New York City is looking for a freelance Technical Patternmaker.
Must have experience/knowledge in 3D Software such as Gerber, Lectra or Optitex!
- Revise existing patterns and establish a digital block pattern library.
- Create 3D virtual samples from flat pattern files
- Develop accurate sample & production patterns based on sketches from the design department.
- Participate in fittings and solve any fit or balance problems.
- Apply technical expertise to trouble shoot
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum 5+ years of solid work experience making production patterns in a high-volume environment
- Draping and flat pattern making skills
- Digital patternmaking experience in software such as Optitex, Lectra, and Gerber
- Experience with 3D software a plus
- Strong knowledge of fabrics, garment construction, sewing, technical drawing, measuring and fitting
- Ability to work across categories including shirts, pants, skirts, dresses, blouses, outerwear, jackets, and tailored garments
- Experience with Childrenswear and Womenswear
If this description fits your background, please send resume.