The Freelance Sr Inventory Planner is responsible for this major brand's strategy and analytics for online/retail business. This individual is also responsible for the development and execution of the seasonal financial plans and forecasts. This Manager will partner with the Buying Director of Inventory Strategy and Analytics, as well as Buying leads, to develop seasonal forecasts that support the annual financial plans, maximize sales and inventory opportunities in the business, while seeking ways to mitigate risk to the plan. This individual will also be responsible for the strategic development, implementation, and support of inventory initiatives within the Buying organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Accountable for creating, tracking, and measuring financial performance across annual budget, seasonal financial plans, and monthly forecast.
• Partner with Buying leads to link tops down financial results to daily and weekly divisional performance, while outlining action to drive future results through productive promo and markdown management.
• Collaborate with Company Planning, Marketing, and Buying leads to develop a pre-season and in-season promo plan calendar to deliver top-line financials, as well as support the division-level needs.
• Develop key initiatives into strategies and strategies into results through structured approach, rigorous analysis, and proactive communication.
• Assess and manage a Buying Open to Buy forecast to help inform tops down financial forecast positioning, while identifying risks and opportunities. Guide Buying team actions to support tops down financial commitments.
• Help shape new processes and lead implementation of new practices and tool sets that improve efficiency, capability, and maximize return back to the business.
• Build collaborative relationships with leadership and other brand stakeholders.
• Assist Buying team with reporting needs and identify and implement solutions to enable efficient and effective decision making.
• Experience with strategic and quantitative analysis – ability to gather, interpret, and utilize data to drive decision making.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to assess historical data compared with current trend to identify financial risks and opportunities to the business.
• Possess strong command skills and effectively interact with all levels of the organization, including leadership and executive team members Ability to drive results in an entrepreneurial and growing organization.
• Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization.
• Execution and results-focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams, and work independently, as well as with teams.
• Strong intellectual curiosity; ability to think critically and strategically. Must be able to identify a problem, hypothesize solutions, and dig into the data to arrive at a meaningful recommendation.
• Must be a detail-oriented, quick learner with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• BA/BS or equivalent experience required
• Minimum 3 years Inventory Management experience
• Experience on projects with complex scope and with system and process implementations.
• Experience developing and working with inventory optimization and/or forecasting approaches for the retail industry.
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel. Must be able to use pivot tables, filters, lookup functions, etc.