We are looking for a Freelance Product Development Assistant in NYC. This individual will support the product line creation by partnering cross-functionally to communicate and execute to merchandise strategies and financial targets. They will work closely with local teams in New York as well as Sourcing and Product Development partners in Asia to deliver on product design and brand aesthetic while effectively managing average unit cost.
• Execute category product development strategies that align with production strategies and divisional goals.
• Understand product development implications on merchandising and design-driven product decisions based on category or vendor strategies and nuances.
• Partner with leadership to leverage technical knowledge, troubleshoot, and resolve issues that are unique in nature and may require a novel approach.
• Drive communication between brand teams and Asia-based product teams to ensure strategic business alignment and optimal responsiveness.
• Understand divisional and cross-functional goals and work with team to execute supporting strategies.
• Understand and work with cross-functional teams to ensure financial targets are met by delivering costing guidance.
• Communicate with Asia-based teams to understand product execution issues and provide support in resolving them in a timely manner.
• Execute seasonal and monthly booking processes, in addition to supporting in-season product management.