FREELANCE DESIGNER - Wovens and Knits
Specific Responsibilities :
Established apparel company is seeking an experienced, well-rounded Freelance Designer who has an excellent eye for trends and fabric, and experience with knits, wovens and embroidery designs. In addition, the ideal candidate is a multitasker who thrives in a fast-moving environment.
- Shop and research retail market for trends in theme, fabric, wash, trim, and style.
- Conceptualize and develop seasonal trends for all categories.
- Responsible for flat sketching and creation of tech packs with knowledge of garment construction.
- Create trend right and original embroideries, and allover prints.
- Create seasonal trend reports to present to new and current customers.
Skills and Requirements:
- 7 to 10 years of related experience.
- Timely sense of trends and market direction.
- Familiarity with the manufacturing process, textiles, trims, and print techniques.
- Must have well-rounded knowledge of product and fabric.
- Excellent technical knowledge in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop required for flat sketching and creating prints/patterns.
- Good eye for layout design for creating trend reports and PowerPoint presentations.
- Fabric knowledge in knits, denim and wovens.
- Solid understanding of the product development process.
- Good color sense and understanding of prints.
- Excellent organizational, communication, note-taking, and follow-up skills.
- Able to work independently on projects and take the lead, when necessary.
- Strong ability to shift direction with little notice.
- Highly detail-oriented with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Microsoft Office, Mac computer, and digital camera.