Free People Receiving/Product Flow Manager - Saint Louis Galleria, Mo
Receiving Manager (RM) | Roles & Responsibilities
Visual Manager & Store Manager
Objective: To create a unique, innovative and inspirational customer experience; encompassing the Free People lifestyle and brand image, while maintaining all store operations and goals, resulting in driving sales and ensuring the profitability of the store.
- Support store team with efficient controls and processing of inventory from delivery to the sales floor.
- Adhere to Stock ‘Typical Day’ to ensure deliveries are processed and placed within 24 hours.
- Track and communicate all in-transit shipment information to the Visual and Management Teams, plan accordingly.
- Maintain an efficient and well-organized stock room. Implement methods and systems to house product for easy access by all staff.
- Assist in efficiencies of the restocking process to continually maintain store stock levels.
- Support the MOD during peak store hours.
- Demonstrate Loss Prevention awareness through assisting in all inventory controls including Cycle Counts, markdowns, transfers and overall stock integrity.
- Oversee all UPS deliveries/shipments, charge sends and transfers.
- Maintain all receiving paperwork controls and organization.
- Facilitate supply/DDS orders with direction from Assistant Operations Manager
- Assist in the maintenance of the building /store facilities.
- Ensure all tagging of product follows all company guidelines set.
- Communicate ticketing issues/discrepancies to the appropriate member of Home Office.
In addition to the above responsibilities, Receiving Managers have increased management functions including:
- Partner with the Visual and Management team to coordinate and facilitate shipment placement and maintain standards throughout the store.
- Understand and demonstrate familiarity with velocity product and expedite the replenishment of top-selling items/sell down.
- Support sales by assisting in merchandising and display projects as needed.
- Represent consistent leadership by inspiring, motivating and encouraging teamwork and efficiency.
- Assist management team by training and coaching receiving and inventory control expectations and responsibilities.
- Attract and recruit stock team and ensure that development plans are in place and followed.
- Effectively communicate and build partnerships with Store Team, DM/DVM Team, Home Office, Inventory Control and Distribution Center.
- Adapt to stores needs by assisting with customer experience, Loss Prevention, store cleaning tasks and store projects.
- Actively participate in daily meetings, manager meetings and all-store team meetings.
- Oversee and lead the stock team in the shipment receipt process and ensure prompt completion and turnaround of shipment.
- Take overall ownership of all stock/receiving processes and ensure that the stock room runs efficiently at all times in accordance with store needs.
- Adhere to all company safety guidelines.
- Uphold all company policy and procedure.