Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands’ End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home. With over 50 years of experience, Lands’ End is renowned for its culture of service for the customer and is recognized as an innovator in the industry. Lands’ End is publicly traded and listed on NASDAQ under the trading symbol (LE).
The Financial Analyst position at Lands’ End demands a level of both technical competency and interpersonal skills. A successful individual in this role will provide analysis, assimilate data effectively and partner with the business operational team to offer pragmatic financial solutions to various business issues.
Financial analysis responsibilities include financial reporting, budget and forecast analysis, and divisional operations analysis.
Job Functions (Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the duties, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Maintaining, updating, and publishing daily, weekly, and monthly divisional reports including but not limited to daily sales and margin reporting, weekly margin and expense reporting, monthly income statements and operational reporting.
- Developing and maintaining monthly reporting, ad hoc requests, and expense allocations.
- Completing Ad Hoc reporting requests out of multiple systems to assist with business analysis, month-end close processes, and financial audit.
Budget and Forecast Analysis
- Partnering with cross functional partners to create forecasts and budgets for income statement line items.
- Maintaining and updating financial systems with forecast and budgets.
- Consolidating and publishing divisional reports for executive review.
- Assisting in the analysis of strategic initiatives to provide insight and the financial impact of business decisions.
- Partnering with cross-functional teams and cross-divisional finance teams to gain further understanding and build efficiencies/effectiveness in current processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area (Accounting, Finance, Business, etc.)
- Understanding of business and financial analysis including the budgeting and forecasting process.
- High proficiency in selected PC (e.g., Excel and PowerPoint) & mainframe applications.
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Strong sense of urgency and initiative, as well as personal commitment and work ethic.
- Strong analytical abilities, intellectual curiosity.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.