Fabric Manager - Urban Outfitters
Founded in 1970, Urban Outfitters (www.UrbanOutfitters.com) operates more than 200 stores in the United States, Canada, and Europe, all offering an eclectic mix of merchandise. We stock our stores with what we love, calling on our—and our customer's—interest in contemporary art, music, and fashion. From men's & women's apparel and accessories to items for the apartment, we offer a lifestyle-specific shopping experience for the educated, urban-minded individual in the 18 to 30 year-old range—both online and in our stores as well as through our catalog.
URBN: Fabric Manager
Facilitates and executes Design’s vision through sourcing brand appropriate fabric and trims originating from global markets supporting brand goals and business initiatives. Provides “one-voice” communication to mills and suppliers acting as a liaison between, U.S. home offices, global market mills and suppliers, and world-wide manufacturing partners. Sets and manages quality assurance and evaluates and tracks mills’ and suppliers’ performance.
- Develop and maintain relationships with mills and suppliers to ensure successful business partnerships.
- Source, research and develop fabric and trims originating from global markets and communicate findings to U.S. home office including; actual samples, costing, lead-times and all required header information.
- Shop available market and secure fabrics for programs based on U.S. home office instruction.
- Indentify trends from attending regional tradeshows and present to U.S. home office.
- Provide "one-voice" communication to mills and suppliers acting as a liaison between U.S. home offices, global market mills and suppliers, and world-wide manufacturing partners.
- Collaborate between brands, mills, and suppliers to meet calendar deadlines surrounding fabric and trim development and bulk lead-times.
- Manage and maintain of pre-development work-in-process (WIP) and bulk production WIP.
- Responsible for all product testing requirements, compliance and internal standards.
- Set and manage quality assurance and evaluates and tracks mills’ and suppliers’ performance.
Qualifications / Job Skills
- Possess extensive knowledge of fabric construction, global raw material procurement, and manufacturing.
- Prioritize and delegate effectively.
- Work in/with cross-functional teams.
- Supervise subordinates’ responsibilities to ensure accomplishment of department goals and deadlines.
- Promote the development of subordinates through supervision and training.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external parties.
- Pro-actively approach problem solving.
- Implement operational efficiencies.
- Adapt quickly to changes.
- Analyze data at a high level.
- Driven by deadlines with a high sense of urgency.
- Proficient in Microsoft’s Excel and a PLM system. WebPDM experience a plus.
- Extensive mill and supplier sourcing network in global market.
- Great aesthetic and understanding of all URBN brands.
- 10+ years of experience.
Bachelor’s Degree Business, or a related field.
Some travel required.