Leading Contemporary designer seeks fabric development / product merchandiser.
Candidate will work closely with designer Cynthia Steffe and aid the design team in all aspects of product development.
Applicant must be a self-starter and enjoy multi-tasking, and have a min 3-5 years experience in fabric research and product development.
Required skills and experience needed:
- must be team player and work closely with Creative Director and design staff
- Maintain product development time and action calendar
- daily communication with mills and factories
- source, order, and track sample yardage and trims
- track lab dips, and novelty fabric treatments, print strike offs, etc.
- track samples from first protos through salesman samples
- knowledge of fabric and garment construction a plus
- Create and maintain fabric and sample charts
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and should have strong working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
Salary commensurate with experience
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. (We do not sponsor for visa)