ITOCHU Prominent USA designs and manufactures LeSportsac; men’s and women’s fabrics and finished garments for distribution to wholesalers and retailers. In addition, ITOCHU Prominent USA works with ITOCHU Japan to develop Japanese licensing and distribution programs for American and European fashion brands.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Fabric Coordinator to join our Men’s division. Responsible for coordinating approvals and communication on all fabric orders. Compiles and records data to prepare records and reports on consumption of raw materials.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS include the following:
- Prepares costing and negotiates bulk fabric prices with fabric suppliers.
- Book and issue fabric production orders for fabric sales and all in garment orders.
- Organizes fabric deliveries from suppliers by inputting to the system, and reviews against master production schedule to ensure on time delivery.
- Assists with sourcing and developing fabrics with the new suppliers.
- Oversees fabric development, following up with suppliers to ensure the fabric is approved in time for bulk orders.
- Interface with Administration dept. on shipping entries, sample billings, bulk billing and letter of credits to ensure no interruption to flow of fabric orders.
- Reviews all fabric comments and provides approvals to mills.
- Develops relationships with customers and all vendors
- Corresponds with customers on all fabric issues.
- Identify and resolve fabric issues such as costs, minimums and lead-time.
- Coordinates with customer and suppliers to resolve claim/charge back in time.
- Other projects and/or duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in textiles or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in fabric/garment production experience.
- Fabric knowledge.
- Ability to multitask in fast paced and changing priority environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Excel and experience with Blue Cherry a plus.
ITOCHU Prominent USA offers a competitive compensation package along with excellent benefits. Please send a cover letter with salary requirements plus a resume.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please. ITOCHU Prominent USA is an equal opportunity employer.