Club Monaco is an international brand that designs and creates modern yet timeless clothing and accessories for women and men. Since its first store opened in Toronto in 1985, Club Monaco has been recognized by fashion influencers for its thoughtfully designed, purposeful collections featuring relevant, wearable pieces, fine fabrics and exceptional fits. In 1999, Club Monaco became a subsidiary of the Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation.
To contribute to the successful financial growth of the Company by ensuring customer service exceeds expectations, operational integrity in all retail stores, and development and promotability of our management population. Responsible for the overall results of a group of stores refered to as a District. This position will be based in Los Angeles and the District Manager will manage a total of ? stores, in the Southern California District.
To achieve or exceed financial plans for the district through effective planning and execution thereby contributing to the Company’s overall financial results.
Sales and Customer Service
To maximize personal sales at all opportunities and understand/enhance the customer’s experience. Communicate effectively with customers to determine needs and demonstrate ways to increase personal and store productivity. Provide feedback and recommendations on new merchandise that can be mixed with existing stock and previous purchases.
To contribute to long term growth through minimum turnover, recruiting high level candidates as needed and maintaining and developing a store management team able to meet service and sales goals.
Drive and maintain the operational excellence within the retail doors and ensure adherence to all corporate/store policy and procedures.
Inventory Management and Marketing
Contribute to the Company’s growth through marketing, inventory management and the achievement of the appropriate gross margin return on investment.
Visual Presentation/Store Maintenance
To ensure brand aesthetic of company is properly communicated and reflected to customer.
Contribute to successful Company growth and securing our assets through implementation of effective Loss Prevention methods.
Skills and Requirements
• Drives the business based on teamwork and cooperation based on common goals to meet results
• Is a strong decision maker
• Is an excellent communicator and influencer both in the field and Head Office
• Fully understands and champions the brand and product
• Seeks challenges, stays up to date with the market place, looks for ways to innovate and takes risks
• Describes and shares with others a future we can create through positive modeling and training
• Is a strong change agent with the ability to be innovative in both motivating individuals and building the business
• Demonstrates strong time management and organization skills to keep priorities in focus
• Ensures game plans are strategic to meet business goals
• Has a strong achievement orientation, motivates the team to ensure goals are met and a plan is in place to meet them
• Makes strong business decisions when faced with complex and ambiguous alternatives
• Assesses all relevant implications to the business for proposed changes
• Minimum of 5 years retail management experience in a flagship, multiple door setting
• Strong knowledge of the Southern California market
Club Monaco is a dynamic, rapidly growing retail brand that continues to offer modern style and a unique voice within the fashion and retail industries. Headquartered in New York City’s Chelsea Gallery district, Club Monaco can be found in over 140 locations worldwide with stores in the United States, London, Paris, Sweden, Canada, Hong Kong, Seoul, Beijing, and Macau.