Director - Travel Retail
Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of Kate Spade & Company. From handbags and clothing to jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrance, eyewear, shoes, swimwear, home decor, desk accessories, stationery, tabletop and gifts, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
Kate Spade & Company has more than 450 specialty and outlet shops in 47 countries around the world. Our colorful products are sold worldwide, in every time zone and on every continent. Whether in San Francisco, Sao Paulo or Shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting.
Welcome to Kate Spade & Company.
The Director, Travel Retail will be responsible for the execution and evolution of a holistic global travel retail strategy that maximizes the channel opportunity for the kate spade new york brand while reinforcing the brand proposition to the global traveling consumer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain excellent relationships with all global and regional travel retail operators – conducting market visits, providing direction and support and conducting business reviews and driving each partners growth
- Responsible for the sale of product to partners across all categories (sell-in strategy)
- Key partner during seasonal market to present channel assortment strategy
- Responsible for retail sales performance analysis and for channel hindsighting that will drive development of appropriate assortments strategies
- Strong partner to International merchandising to support development of line architecture appropriate for each key market and total channel
- Internal cross-functional lead and collaborator that will spearhead development of retail programs that embody the spirit of the brand and maximize the financial opportunity of this channel
- Minimum 10+ years experience in travel retail sales/international wholesale sales, merchandising
- Extensive experience working in an international, preferably luxury retail environment
- Excellent retail sales analysis and analytical skills
- Strong negotiator with a proven track record of success
- Ability to think, plan, and manage strategically and analytically
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
Skills and abilities required:
- Command of retail math analytics & working knowledge of financial metrics
- Solid product aesthetic and sensibility and commercial acumen; able to influence during the market process
- Ability to communicate and manage effectively from a distance (phone and email), in person/1:1, and group situations
- Dynamic presence with business partners at all levels
- Exceptional follow-up and organizational skills
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity
- Ability to manage 1-2 direct reports
- Able to flex working hours to accommodate international partnerships
- Able to travel internationally as needed
Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran