The Director of Sales drives strategies set by the Division President in order to maximize sales and margins, support and promote the brand(s), where appropriate, and maintain optimal relationships with customers.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy & Innovation
- Strategically cultivate mass market ladies and men’s sleepwear team and seek opportunities to expand business with existing categories and strategize means to penetrate new categories and customers ; oversee development and maintain business relationships with customers.
- Guide research and competitive analysis; interpret relevant trends and communicate to internal partners, where appropriate.
- Oversee development of line plan for each category, in context of larger assortment and cost structure; review and approve seasonal business proposals for each category, with suggested assortments based on marketplace and customer base.
- Collaboratively devise and articulate brand positioning and key strategic initiatives for brand, where appropriate; strategize optimal placement in store, including, where applicable, in-store shops and pallet programs.
Operations & Results
- Lead regular review of shipments and orders, sales and stock levels, merchandising and markdowns.
- Guide strategies and approve recommendations to maximize sales and minimize markdowns.
- Travel frequently to customer locations to meet with leadership and ensure proper in-store execution; attend trade shows as necessary.
Customers & Relationships
- Manage the cultivation, development and maintenance of relationships with new and existing customers at DMM level and below.
- Communicate strategy with key licensor retail teams.
- Oversee communications and feedback between customers and internal partners in Sales, Design, Production and retail coordinators.
- Partner with planning and customers to oversee co-op, allowances and givebacks.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.
- Train and coach junior team members in selling, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of individuals and team.
- Attract, develop and retain talent.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience.
- In depth understanding of mass market is required.
- Established relationships with mass market accounts is required.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with Design counterparts to build line.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; familiarity with SAP a plus.
- Previous experience with retail link is required.
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented and outgoing.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented and meticulous.
- Strong analytical skills and fluent in retail math.