Stella McCartney is part of the Kering Group, a world leader in apparel and accessories which develops an ensemble of powerful Luxury and Sport & Lifestyle brands.
The Stella McCartney label was launched in 2001.
As a lifelong vegetarian, Stella McCartney does not use any leather or fur in her designs. A signature style of sharp tailoring, natural confidence and sexy femininity is apparent in all her collections which include women's ready-to-wear, accessories, lingerie, eyewear, fragrance and kids collections. In addition to the main line, Stella McCartney has a long-term partnership with adidas for the sports performance collection “adidas by Stella McCartney”.
The Director of Stores, as a leader of a client facing team, is responsible for the management, growth and development of the Stella McCartney retail network across North America. The Director of Stores, with strong commercial awareness and entrepreneurial skills, will lead retail strategy and performance in the region, driving our talent to continued success through their retailing activities and ensuring a consistent Stella McCartney client experience is delivered across our boutiques.
As well as developing talent across our current teams, the Director of Stores will partner their Store Managers in tailored retail strategies for their locations, working closely with the other retail functions to maximize opportunities for success, exceeding defined business targets, with given budgets.
Sales, Strategy & Targets
- Manage & coach Store Managers and teams to exceed set sales targets.
- Ensure a strong client base is developed and maintained.
- Devise and execute strategies for sales generation in order to meet annual targets.
- Maintain awareness of local and luxury market trends, monitoring local competition activity.
- Initiating changes to improve the business to ensure stores compete effectively in the local market.
- Builds and maintains relationships with local & VIP clients, working closely with Store Managers, PR, and Marketing & Events teams to coordinate and maximize client reach.
- Ensures Stella McCartney client experience is consistent across network and the maintaining of standards.
- Drives business through initiatives and CRM activities.
- Collaborates with Buyer and Store Management to tailor and influence product range and selection to maximize selling opportunities to local clientele.
- Analyses product performance with Buyer and Visual Merchandiser to identify opportunities to drive performance and maximize sales.
- Attend seasonal shows and collection presentations in Europe to regroup with retail team to attain in-depth product knowledge and awareness of new brand developments.
- Ensure consistent message and regular updates of business activities to influence sales.
- Implements and monitors store KPIS.
Leadership & Team Development
- Direct line management of Store Managers and Retail Operations Manager, identifying opportunities for development and coaching direct reports to full potential.
- Inspires and motivates their direct reports to successfully lead and develop their teams.
- Acts as a role model and sets an exceptional example to others.
- Creates a strong sense of team across the region by encouraging cooperation and collaboration..
- Identifies development opportunities across the retail network and collaborates with relevant teams to devise and deliver impactful training, such as client experience, product training or selling techniques.
- Ensures teams are knowledgeable on product, brand values, production techniques and market awareness.
- Coaches all retail employees to meet brand expectations, and implements development plans where necessary.
- Displays exemplary client relationships and resolves client situations diplomatically, when escalated.
- Frequently visits the stores to ensure the maintenance of the highest standards, and teams are operating at maximum ability, with strong teamwork creating a successful store environment.
- Encourage and foster cross selling across the retail network.
- Partner's Human Resources to analyse talent and capitalize on development opportunities.
- Leads recruitment for Store teams and pulls together effective teams for new store openings.
Please note the above tasks are to provide an indication of the expected tasks but this list is not exhaustive of all activities. As this is a new role and due to the nature of the role in supporting the structure, there will be flexibility for additional tasks to be added to this list of duties.
Skills and Experience required:
- Previous experience of leadership and development of a retail network resulting in success
- Prior experience of the luxury environment and building client relationships
- Ability to be flexible with regular travel and occasional weekend or evening shifts
- Experience of delivering & establishing high standards of service & defining retail strategies
- Highly organized and has strong attention to detail
- Analytical and able to see the bigger picture from data and sales reports
- Is strategic and able to consider the wider long term business impact of decisions
- Highly motivated and is able to work independently or as part of a team, leading others
- A highly talented and creatively driven individual with a successful performance record and a demonstrated ability to deliver retail excellence
- Personal style: high level of energy, creativity, intellectual integrity, openness, directness and resiliency is essential.
- Ability to quickly establish strong credibility with team members and external resources
- The ability, drive and desire to deliver outstanding results
- Confident strong leader, innovative with visionary business sense and style
- Sound analytical and organisational skills
- Fluent in English, other languages a plus