Director of Ecommerce - Europe
Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of Kate Spade. From handbags and clothing to jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrance, eyewear, shoes, swimwear, home decor, desk accessories, stationery, tabletop and gifts, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
Kate Spade has more than 450 specialty and outlet shops in 47 countries around the world. Our colorful products are sold worldwide, in every time zone and on every continent. Whether in San Francisco, Sao Paulo or Shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting.
Welcome to Kate Spade.
The Director of Ecommerce serves as the ecommerce business lead for kate spade new York in Europe. They will set the overall vision, strategy and roadmap for the business; serve as the functional lead, working closely with local and global partners to execute the strategy, delivering scale and growth across the business.
The Director will be responsible for delivering across four functions: ecommerce platform, ecommerce marketing, customer care & experience, and website trading. You will have oversight on site development, vendor selections, and managing a team across to deliver against the business objectives. Reporting into the President of International as well as the SVP Global Digital/E-Commerce Strategy based in New York, you need to have the ability to be autonomous and drive a local strategy within a large global business; as well as creating synergies and building strong relationships with your cross-functional partners in the US and in Europe.
Roles and responsibilities
- Owning the EU ecommerce P&L, you will be responsible for creating sales plans & targets, managing budgets & meeting sales targets, goals and delivering the overall success of the EU Ecommerce business
- Develop and execute the ecommerce strategy and roadmap for the existing ecommerce websites while concurrently rolling out a re-platform project over the next 12 months. You will partner with global procurement and IT teams to deliver the new website, ensuring global and local synergies across logistics, marketing, customer service, translation, payments etc
- Lead the delivery of a multi-region, multi-channel ecommerce marketing strategy that aligns with the global/regional marketing strategy. Work with the brand marketing function to ensure that the global strategy supports European ecommerce needs. Build strong relationships with the global creative team to ensure delivery of creative assets that meets European ecommerce needs
- Oversee the development & execution of a multi-regional ecommerce trading strategy, collaborating with cross-functional teams (buying, merchandising, planning, brand marketing etc) in London and New York to deliver a trade, content & promotional strategy and calendar that’s fully integrated and consistent with the global and European business strategy
- Build on and improve the overall customer experience; including site experience, customer service, service standards and logistics standards in partnership with cross functional teams in Europe and in the US
- Lead, develop and inspire a team of internal and external teams and partners. Coach EU ecommerce teams through effective management and communication of priorities, workload and time management; set clear and S.M.A.R.T. objectives, measure individual performance through acknowledgement and recognition of success/opportunities
- Monitor developing e-commerce technology trends, evaluate business opportunities, recommend and execute new initiatives, especially in relation to the European market
- An established leader with a background in international e-commerce management, preferably for fashion-related company. Experience working with an US-based retailer considered a bonus
- Experience developing and maintaining retail ecommerce web sites and in ecommerce marketing
- Experience managing multiple concurrent development projects while maintaining and enhancing the core site
- Demonstrate leadership in the execution of strategic plans in a changing environment; have the ability to influence upwards, vertically and horizontally within the organization
- An effective communicator at all levels with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Strong project management skills
- Thorough understating of retail business practices and metrics
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage deadlines
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Some International travel will be required
THIS ROLE IS BASED IN THE LONDON HEAD OFFICE AND AS SUCH, CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THEIR ABILITY TO WORK IN THE UK
Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NO AGENCIES PLEASE