DIRECTOR, MARKETING CAMPAIGN OPERATIONS
As Director, Marketing Operations & Campaign Management you will be responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of integrated marketing campaigns across channels designed to drive new customer acquisition. The Director is responsible for overseeing the CRM campaign managing, targeting and reporting. This position will also be responsible for operationalizing the analytical efforts of the CRM team through the implementation of valid test and control strategies, and the building of new capabilities to optimize campaigns and enable future growth. The Marketing Campaign Operations Director will possess excellent operational skills, comfort working with data, testing methodology, analyzing results and understanding key drivers of performance.
- Communicate campaign plans and results to internal and external audiences and secure executive and cross-functional approval and support.
- Source and manage campaign management professionals responsible for ensuring that each internal group is informed of current marketing use cases and can implement them; manages the campaign calendars for Marketing programs and works across teams to ensure accurate and timely marketing program implementation
- Work cross-functionally to complete campaign analysis and identify actionable insights to improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with IT to implement capabilities that enable faster, more efficient, and more accurate execution of campaign targeting efforts
- Increase ROI through the development and implementation of email targeting strategies based on disciplined analytical analysis
- Strong project management skills, including development of timelines, communication of project status, and ability to move projects from concept strategy development through tactical implementation/execution
- Partner with internal stakeholders and agencies to execute all contextual and data enabled advertising campaigns, ensuring high quality and on time delivery to maximize revenue and client satisfaction
- Manage a team of campaign execution professionals responsible for day-to-day tactical efforts including but not limited to: translating marketing briefs into campaign specifications, 1:1 addressable list selection, coordinating digital onboarding, overseeing DMP audience creation, facilitating accurate tagging and overall email execution process
- Partner with the Campaign Analytics team to execute, test and validate lifecycle and audience segmentation theories and methodologies and to measure campaign performance and course correct as execution unfolds.
- Lead the maintenance, development, and execution of program and campaign measurement, analysis and reporting
- Manage measurement and reporting activities, which accurately reflect business results and informs future decision making for CRM campaigns and offers
- Provide leadership in defining, mapping and documenting key marketing processes.
- Manage relationships with key marketing vendors
- Act as mentor regarding questions on campaign priorities, responsibilities, resources, and timing
- Coordinate data collection and validation
- Support ad-hoc analytic need as requested
Education and Experience:
- 8-9+ years of experience in CRM/database/direct marketing experience in a fast paced consumer environment. Preferably within an ecommerce business. Agency or client side welcome.
- Strong experience with enterprise CRM/Database/ESP platforms in an operational /executional capacity required.
- Experience with a major Email Service Provider or CRM platform is required.
- Experience driving forward Omni-channel CRM strategy is a plus.
- Experience with Campaign Management solutions required
- Experience with start to finish planning, executing multi-channel direct marketing CRM programs and strong follow through responsibilities demonstrated.
- Experience managing a sizeable (3+) team is mandatory. Proven experience in setting up robust operations with clear visibility into throughput and SLA measurements.
- Analytical thinker with a depth of knowledge in digital analytics, campaign tracking and ROI metrics
- Must have experience identifying and outlining key campaign metrics and building campaign preforms/measurement plans-reports/marketing analytics. Must understand tagging and coding requirements for tracking against a cross-channel environment.
- Experience with A/B and more complex communication testing required.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills at all levels of an organization
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to set and achieve goals, meet deadlines, and multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Bias toward action and strong sense of urgency without compromising executional excellence.
- Strong interpersonal skills that nurture teamwork, build confidence and support for one's ideas
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an ability to communicate both upwardly and cross functionally
- A Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Marketing or Technology
Skills and Behaviors:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Data driven with analytical outlook on role
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and commitment to follow-through
- Must be flexible, self-motivated and possess the ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced working environment
- Strong business acumen and enthusiasm about identifying trends and marketing opportunities
- Excellent excel skills and ability to effectively present and communicate your analysis