Director, Human Resources
COMPANY: Echo Design, Inc.
Echo Design is a New York City based, industry leader in the design, marketing and distribution of fashion and home accessories under the Echo, Ralph Lauren and private label brands. Our products range from scarfs and wraps, cold weather mufflers, hats and gloves, swimwear, beach cover-ups, and handbags, to a full line of licensed home products including bedding, bath, window, fabrics, rugs, wallpaper, and dinnerware.
TITLE: DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
REPORTS TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Director of Human Resources drives the Strategy and Execution of all aspects of the Human Resources Talent Management function, aligned with corporate strategies and initiatives that support growth and profitability. Effectively lead all HR Talent functions to include Recruitment, On-Boarding, Employee Relations, Organizational Structure & Development, Performance Management, Training & Development, Recognition, and Internal Communication .
- Understand corporate strategies, short & long term objectives and priorities and develop Talent initiatives to best support them.
- Continually review organizational structure to meet changing demands of the business, identifying key positions and clarifying roles and responsibilities; Update and share organizational charts as needed.
- Partner with Leaders and other key stakeholders to identify organization’s Talent and competency needs, utilizing best practices in Talent Acquisition, On-boarding, Learning & Career Development in order to support positive employee engagement, productivity, performance and retention.
- Utilize social media platforms, online job boards and partner with executive search firms and universities in order to maintain a healthy pipeline of high potential candidates.
- Administer assessments to candidates and employees to identify those that best align with required experience, skills, capabilities as well as company core principles and culture.
- On-board new hires including obtaining onboarding plans from Managers, new hire paperwork and coordinating with IT and Administration to ensure work space and resources are provided.
- Enable a performance based culture that values elevated performance expectations and accountability by establishing and monitoring performance metrics as well as providing effective Learning and Career Development/Planning opportunities.
- Partner with leaders to ensure that constructive, frequent performance feedback and professional development action plans are delivered; update performance feedback tools as needed and communicate performance review calendar to all.
- Ensure performance feedback materials are updated and shared with Managers; collect written performance appraisals, incentive goal documentation and title and payroll change authorization forms.
- Lead employee relations activities by modeling company values, acting as coach/consultant to all levels of the organization to offer support and help solve issues while building an environment of improved communication and collaboration.
- Advise Leadership of any personnel issues and make recommendations as needed; Discuss any potential risks with Legal Counsel.
- Research industry salary and compensation benchmarks to ensure organization is competitive for recruiting and retaining high potential talent ; identify salary disparities- too high or too low; recommend salary changes as needed in order to align position compensation with industry standards or to compensate appropriately as individuals’ roles change.
- Develop and monitor overall Talent budget, adhering to fiscal requirements.
- Review HR Policies recommending changes as necessary and ensuring Legal compliance with labor regulations; Remain comprised of any updates in employment law/practices and update the HR Policy/Procedure manual as needed, communicating to the Employee community
- Oversee culture and engagement events including Spring & Holiday parties, life event celebrations and recognition awards programs; Facilitate forming and meeting coordination of committees as required including the Advisory Committee.
- Manage summer internship program, communicating with universities and placing qualified interns in appropriate functional areas; attend university portfolio review, internship and recruitment events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field; Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Human Resources with 5 years of Management experience.
- Proven track record for developing and executing Talent initiatives aligned with corporate strategy; Astute in business best practices with knowledge of Fashion Wholesale industry a plus.
- Strong communicator and facilitator exhibiting excellent judgment, decision making, problem-solving and discretion; Ability to coach, partner and build trust with leadership and employee community, always representing values and culture of the organization and influencing positive change as required.
- Comfortable with ambiguity/ability to find clarity, shift priorities and remain flexible, calm and positive.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office and HRIS software platforms and systems; Facility with developing and analyzing HR and business data metrics.