DIRECTOR, DIGITAL MARKETING
Lead strategic and day-to-day efforts to maximize qualified online traffic and sales through judicious use of paid media, organic search, affiliate and Social Media. Includes focus on direct sales and lead generation through online channels with responsibility for creating media strategies that engage qualified target markets and call consumers to action through highly targeted forms of online marketing. This is a highly visible, fast-paced management role leading a results-oriented team.
- Responsible for leading the planning and management of a multi-million dollar online advertising roadmap that includes: SEO, paid search, natural search, pay-for-inclusion (PFI), affiliate programs, online advertising campaigns, and other channels as appropriate.
- Accountable for optimize email performance, including timing, frequency, segmentation and triggers in conjunction with direct marketing team to maximize return on communication investment for all programs and consistently strive to lower customer acquisition costs.
- Define multi-channel online media acquisition program vision, calendar, content strategy, and creative messaging
- Establish weekly and monthly volume targets/budgets for each online marketing program; monitor & optimize campaigns to exceed plans.
- Develop appropriate metrics and tracking systems to measure the performance of each program and maintain benchmarks over time.
- Product management reports and analysis on the tests and marketing programs and maintain a history of program performance.
- Identify and monitor activity of key competitors and develop blocking strategies and tactics, as appropriate.
- Oversee all outsourced programs, vendors and partnerships (e.g. PPC and affiliate management) to ensure performance goals and agreements are met, as well as incremental opportunities identified and captured.
- Lead the development and execution of web analytics reporting, tracking, and drive for insights to maximize conversion and site ROI and to inform key decisions.
- Monitor and analyze performance trends for usability and conversion optimization with a focus on sales.
- Develop, manage and communicate high level online acquisition planning and testing strategy.
- Oversee conversion funnel optimization via A/B and multivariate testing.
- Drive growth of online acquisition programs, identifying new opportunities to improve ROI through new and emerging channels.
- Proactively manage tracking, measurement, reporting and analysis of marketing metrics against key performance targets.
- Analyze data and deduce implications for paid media, website, and social engagement strategies.
- Forecast, prepare and manage the financial objectives and budgets for programs.
- Manage multiple outside vendor relationships and contract agreements pushing best practices, policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of market, consumer trends, and competition and propose solutions for meeting goals.
- Partner with other channels to ensure a seamless, holistic, and on brand customer experience.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Online Acquisition Marketing; retail experience preferred.
- Proven leadership, management, business strategy, planning, analytical, problem-solving, and negotiation skills.
- Extremely detailed, project and results oriented.
- Ability to manage vendor relationships.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately in a fast-paced environment. Remain flexible and agile in the face of changing business needs while delivering against aggressive business goals.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Previous experience managing, motivating and developing direct reports.
- Ability to positively influence and work effectively with cross-functional teams including creative, IT, merchandising, analytics, and CRM.
- Solid understanding of other interactive marketing channels and their marketing principals.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Self-starter, initiative taker with the energy, passion, enthusiasm and drive to succeed.