Designer (Woven, Knits and Black Label)
The Designer creates and develops unique product that is brand appropriate while being modern and cutting edge, balances core and trend items, and enhances through the details which set the product apart from other brands. The designed product complements the assortment and creates an imaginative, cohesive collection that reinforces the seasonal mood and direction.
- Interpret trends through the design and development of Chico’s brand appropriate assortment including all design elements which make the product unique and special, such as trims, labels and details, while maintaining a balance between fashion and core items.
- Manage multiple seasons at different stages of development while driving the development calendar and adhering to the T&A.
- Research and develop key yarns and fabrics, print and pattern and trims for area working with Fabric Specialist and CAD Artist.
- Stay abreast of trends, both directional and retail, and evolves the product by updating, embellishing and eliminating appropriate product to ensure a cutting edge assortment.
- Work with Director on total concept and create and implement seasonal direction and mood for assortment.
- Maintain awareness of direction of other classifications in order to use knowledge and apply to bigger picture.
- Identify and work directly with Tech Designers in the creation of key fashion silhouettes while maintaining a fit that represents the brand and the customer.
- Communicate on a regular basis with vendors on the development of the product throughout the design process.
- Partner with Merchants and Product Managers throughout the development process.
- Travel to vendors to work on development and execution of product.
- Travel quarterly to industry shows, research trend and print direction, and to vintage and sample shops.
- Manage, mentor, and develop Design Assistants and Associates.
- 4-Year College Degree Preferred
- 5-7 years’ in the Apparel design industry, preferably contemporary market
- Excellent silhouette and trend forecasting ability
- Outstanding sketching and presentation skills
- Strong sense and passion for print, pattern and details that make the brand and product unique
- Affinity for working in a team environment
- Strong management and mentoring skills
- Exceptional taste level desired for Brands