Designer - Women's Denim
SAVE THE DATE!!!
Aquent will be exhibiting at the StyleCareers.com Fall Fashion Career Fair in New York.
Face-to-face interviews will be held on Thursday, October 26th, 2017 at Penn Plaza Pavilion from 2pm to 7pm. Visit http://stylecareers.com/career-fair for more details.
Designer, Women’s Denim
Start Date: ASAP
Assignment Length: 3 months (with opportunity to extend)
Location: New York, NY
**A Fortune 500 Fashion Company is seeking a Designer for their Women’s Denim team **
- Supports the design team and process, helps team to prepare for presentations and meetings by visual tools including line sheets and sketch boards
- Supports in the conceptual development of product lines with sketches as directed by Design team
- Creates, updates and maintains BOMs in PLM
- Provides general design support across multiple apparel categories
- Provides support in sample maintenance and organization
- Free hand sketching
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or related field
- Minimum 4 years design experience
- Strong computer knowledge including Adobe Illustrator and Excel
- Ability to hand sketch
- Strong design and conceptual skills
- Strong sense of style and color
- Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color use, sewing techniques, graphics and trim
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and store environment
- PLM and InDesign experience required
**Must include work samples / portfolio link when applying **
PLEASE NOTE: You will be prompted to upload images (JPG or GIF format) after submitting your application.