Designer - Tech Fashion Accessories
Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of Kate Spade & Company. From handbags and clothing to jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrance, eyewear, shoes, swimwear, home decor, desk accessories, stationery, tabletop and gifts, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
Kate Spade & Company has more than 450 specialty and outlet shops in 47 countries around the world. Our colorful products are sold worldwide, in every time zone and on every continent. Whether in San Francisco, Sao Paulo or Shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting.
Welcome to Kate Spade & Company.
- Responsible for managing the design process from conception through production.
- Responsible for market / trend research.
- Actively participates in the conceptual development of product lines (i.e., ability to communicate and sell ideas/concepts).
- Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc.
- Ensures that product is of high quality and consistent with market trends, as well as business strategy.
- Works with pre-production partner to ensure design packages are complete and accurate.
- Partners with merchandising to assort line and develop product appropriate for each channels business needs.
- Some travel for research and/or product development is potentially required.
- Executes corrections as needed; works with merchandising and production to find appropriate solutions to cost or construction issues.
- College degree in fashion design or a related field preferred.
- 5-7 years design experience.
- Experience designing fashion accessories.
- Strong computer knowledge, including adobe illustrator.
- Strong ability to hand sketch.
- Strong design and conceptual skills.
- Strong sense of trends, style and color.
- Thorough knowledge of raw materials, as well as, construction techniques.
- Graphic design and experience working with prints a plus.
Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran