Seeking a Designer for SMU / Private Label for Rafaella Sportswear:
* Work cross functionally with design, sourcing, merchandising and sales to ensure product is right for client's needs and hits target price points
* Prepare presentation boards, line sheets and tech packs on product for SMU & Private Label area
* Partner with and direct SMU CAD designer on print needs for the area
* Partner with Fabric & Trim areas as well as overseas offices for fabric research and development needs, comments & approvals.
* Shop stores on a weekly basis to be aware of emerging trends and competitive assortments.
* Attend sales meetings with key accounts to hear first hand the buyer's reaction to product and feedback given in order to better understand needs.
* Provide fit comments on pre showroom samples and attend fittings on bulk production styles.
* Create presentation boards for print, color and concept for each season to aid sales team during market week and other buyer appointments.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
* Strong Adobe Illustrator knowledge
* Ability to design around concepts with strong sense of style and color.
* Ability to design within the target cost
* Knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color, sewing techniques, graphics, embroidery and trim.
* Strong organizational, time management, communication and presentation skills