We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Kasper Group is an apparel industry leader, offering women wardrobe solutions for their wear-to-work and special occasion dressing needs. Driven by excellence and exceptional talent, The Kasper Group has remained a forerunner in fashion for over 30 years. We are committed to delivering iconic brands (Kasper, Anne Klein, LeSuit), relevant fashions and trusted, quality products to our consumers. So be a part of the exceptional talent! We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Dress Designer. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Research markets to identify new trends, denim washes etc.
- Develop color direction each season
- Develop print, y/d and embellishment each season
- Develop new fabrications, trims, washes seasonally
- Create detailed tech packs; send to factories for development and costing
- Fit and review all sampled from first protos to sales sample stages
- Participate in design meetings for line development. Review and present line and concepts regualrly.
- Research and develop packaging and trims
- Supervise and approve lab-dips, strike offs and handlooms for development and production
- Responsible for follow-up/organizing all tools needed for development (books, organizational charts etc)
- Research competitive brands and report regularly to design and sales stuff
- Seasonal travel for research and/or product development is required.
- Work with Sales, Production, & Technical in creating and modify development strategy to accommodate flocculating cost and customer needs
- Lead Associate and Assistant Designers in adjusting to changing priorities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree a must
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Thorough understanding of fit and construction
- Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color use, sewing techniques, graphics and trim
- Understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and store environment
- Proficient using Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills- verbal, written and presentation
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work in fast paced environment under pressure