DESIGNER, LOFT Knits
Out first store opened in 1998 at Great South Bay in Long Island.
Today, we have 544 stores in over 46 U.S. States, with plans for
more than 10 stores in Canada and Mexico. We employ nearly 10,000
people. Over 250,000 customers visit LOFT.com each day, and we
connect with millions daily through e-mail, social media, and in
our stores. We ship our clothing to 100 countries
We believe that there’s beauty in the details.
We strive for a sense of ease and effortlessness.
We embrace a modern approach to femininity.
We are an open creative space – where anything is possible.
We use neutral tones to stay grounded and make colors shine
We believe you should never sacrifice comfort for style.
We know that a great piece of clothing can go from day to night,
work to weekend.
We are a sounding board, a shoulder to lean on. A happy place.
We’re a large company, but we always remember to act small.
About the Position:
The Designer executes the design process from conception to final
prototype for assigned product(s). Is fully responsible for
entire product design process to include market research, mood
board creation, designing, sketching, specing and fit.
Demonstrates the company's Values & Practices by maintaining
effective collaborative relationships, taking pride in the
company and brands, and embracing diversity.
- Partner with Merchandising team to set seasonal framework and
ensure creative ideas and business goals are in tandem
- Collaborate with Senior Designer and Director on seasonal
fabric and yarn direction, working with Product Development on
research and development of qualities
- Maintain daily communication with Merchandising, Product
Development, Production and Technical Design teams regarding
- QA results and development issues
- Research global, domestic and competitive markets to identify
new trends, fabrics and techniques
- Create and execute the vision
- Accountable for departmental financial/sales goals
- Ensure that product is consistent with market trends while
maintaining the brand identity and business strategy
- Execute silhouette, fit and styling direction
- Attend all fittings and provide input in the direction of fit
- Adhere to cross-functional calendar and attend all meetings as
- Pre-merchandise the line when designing the season’s
- Responsible for the selection, development and retention of
- Mentor, coach and counsel direct reports on performance
- Provide a positive, challenging work environment
- Recognize and reward talent and accomplishments of direct
- BA, Associates degree, or equivalent with 4-6 years of
experience, all within Design
- Creative and innovative sketching, design and
- Ability to design around concepts
- Strong knowledge and understanding of product/client and
ability to deduce/make decisions based on new information and
- Outstanding sense of style and color
- Thorough knowledge of fabrication, silhouettes, color ways,
construction techniques and trim
- Outstanding leadership and managerial skills
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across
departments and divisions
- Flexible/adaptable in a fast paced environment
- Highly organized with capacity to anticipate change based on
- Outstanding communication, presentation and persuasion skills
- Good understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and
- Execution to timelines and delivery of timely solutions
- Global travel and ability to source European and Asian markets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Application, Illustrator
(expected to use them daily to perform work)
Sorry, applications are not being accepted through
StyleCareers.com. Apply directly at our website using the link
below. Please be sure to select www.StyleCareers.com as the