DESIGNER I (Platinum Women's Wovens)
Design Your Future at PVH
Designer I (Platinum Women's Wovens) - Calvin Klein
The Designer I works closely with the senior design team as the line is being developed, contributing sketch ideas and research, and maintains the continuity of design development for Platinum Women’s Woven’s, tops & soft dressing Design.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Responsible for researching, fabricating and designing woven tops and soft dressing under the guidance of the Design Director.
- Have the ability to interpret and design into the Color & Concept/key seasonal ideas presented by Head of Design in an innovative but commercial way
- Assist senior design team in – develops sketches based on the Senior Designers’ initial sketches and concepts. Maintain the progression of design in the Senior Designers’ absence.
- Present ideas based on sketch.
- Participate in creating color palettes, research and maintain colors.
- Help produce fabric presentation cards.
- Assist in developing initial concepts.
- Assist in preparing presentation boards.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3-6 years’ experience, preferably in womenswear
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel Design.
- Proficiency in garment construction, background in Women’s apparel a must.
- Experience with wovens strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in sketching illustrations.
- Strong computer skills, including Illustrator.
- Excellent communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to establish good relationships with key parties and department staff.
- Flexibility to deadline demands, seasonal schedules
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.