Designer (Girls Sleepwear & Bodywear)
United Legwear is looking for qualified candidates to fill an exciting new Designer role in our Bodywear division.
This position will report directly to the Director of the Bodywear division and together they will collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure the products are not only brand right, but also meets customer needs and business goals.
They will be working with brands such as Limited Too, Puma, and Starter and will be focused on seamless as well as cut and sew: bras,sports bra, bikini, boy shorts, hipsters, sleeps sets etc.
Please examine the below responsibilities and requirements to see if you are the right candidate to fill this exciting position.
- Designing products according to brand direction and customer needs
- Responsible for specific accounts or brand art requests
- Communication with factories
- Check colors, aesthetics of samples
- Work with licenses on all products
- Complete market research, creative briefs, mood boards, color palettes, design options, and final artwork.
- Create multiple colorways for a variety of styles each season
- Maintain lab dip, strike off, and fabric libraries
- Create Tech Packs for production/sampling
- Competitive Shopping
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in a related field
- 3+ years design experience in girls' sleep/bodywear highly preferred
- Ability to follow up and complete various paperwork
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts effectively
- Ability to work on multiple projects effectively
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Highly detail oriented
- Meticulous with product design work
- Self motivating
- Time management skills
- Ability to deconstruct brand elements and utilize it in product design
- Ability to research and follow fashion trends
- Ability to outline design specifications
- Ability to create Tech Packs
- High creativity skills
- Knowledge of design concepts
- Knowledge of technical aspects of various products
- Knowledge of the apparel trend life cycle
- Knowledge of fit and sizing as well as have an eye for trends
- Proficiency in Mac OS
- Highly skilled in Adobe suites (this is a must)
If you think you are a good fit and possess the experience/knowledge to tackle this challenging role, then apply for the position by submitting your resume via the apply button.
You can also submit your application and include portfolio samples that highlights your experience in the girls' sleep/bodywear area