Nine West Group is currently seeking January 2017 Design Interns
for our Bandolino Footwear Design team. This role assists the
Design team in all aspects of the footwear design process (trend
research, sketching, materials/colors, detailing of the line,
samples, market week). Other responsibilities include, but are
not limited to, the following:
- Perform trend research via web and magazine to provide the
design team with latest trend concepts.
- Assist in the building of the footwear collections.
- Organize materials and attend supplier meetings.
- Maintain construction and color/material library.
- Log and follow up on footwear samples.
- Assist in the setup of the showroom prior to market week.
- Attend pre- and post-market sales meetings as well as various
meetings with major accounts during market week.
- Enter specs into PLM System.
- Run reports – line sheets/picture sheets/sketch release.
- Work with legal team to have style names approved.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Preferred areas of study are Footwear or Accessories Design.
- Excellent communication and organization.
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing skills.
- Must be able to take initiative.
- Must be able to work well within a large team.
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel, Word.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of
race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of
disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.