The Kasper Group, Anne Klein Division has an excellent opportunity for a Design Associate. The Design Associate will work with the Technical Design and Production teams and will be responsible for the execution of specific tasks as designated by the Sr. Designer and fellow teammates as needed. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Contribute to design research, design and development for each season.
• Perform the administrative tasks necessary to execute the design process.
• Design, sketch and create detailed woven PLM body sheets, including all trim info.
• Design, sketch and create cut & sew and sweater specs for every style. Including all garment measurements, detailed images and trims so factories can make prototypes.
• Communicate with the factories to make sure all information is clearly understood and that the prototypes will be made by the deadline.
• Create, maintain and distribute charts with Adobe Illustrator sketches to detail each style with all information regarding style and range number, colors for each style.
• Take notes during fittings when the proto types are reviewed in order to execute directions.
• Collaborate with design team to select appropriate trim for each style and make sure it has been ordered for salesmen samples.
• Collaborate with design team to execute appropriate design, look, and fabrications for each season
• Interpret trends to create original designs/Be aware of market conditions and trends
• Follow weekly/monthly sales reports to determine successful category to be exploited and evolved
• Design garments with the required aesthetic, quality, material and fit within price parameters
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field
• Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Computer proficiency in Word Office Suit, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator;
• Knowledge of PLM a plus
• Sewing skills; ability to work basic sewing/pressing equipment
• Must have a good sense of color
• Excellent follow up skills and ability to meet deadlines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
An EEO/Affirmative Action Employer.