Influential, innovative and progressive, Gucci is reinventing a wholly modern approach to fashion. Under the new vision of creative director Alessandro Michele, the House has redefined luxury for the 21st century, further reinforcing its position as one of the world's most desirable fashion houses. Eclectic, contemporary, romantic—Gucci products represent the pinnacle of Italian craftsmanship and are unsurpassed for their quality and attention to detail.
Gucci is part of the Kering Group, a world leader in apparel and accessories that owns a portfolio of powerful luxury and sport and lifestyle brands.
For further information about Gucci, visit www.gucci.com
The Department Manager assists the New York Fifth Avenue Flagship store management to lead and direct all activities required to achieve store business objectives; including but not limited to client development and experience, human resources management, operations, loss prevention, and maintaining Gucci Visual Standards while driving employee engagement. The Department Manager will serve as a Gucci Ambassador by promoting the philosophy and values of the brand.
- Work with management to lead the sales and operations functions for designated product categories within the store to consistently achieve sales budget objectives
- Fully support and align with all key business initiatives and new product launches
- Strong grasp on KPI's and ability to strategize when performance standards are not met
- Implement Action Plans, previously agreed upon with management, to develop sales for a designated product category and client segment
- Work with Management to implement clear objectives to the store team and monitor individual productivity, cross selling, and client development
- Lead and support Company and local events and product launches ensuring client attendance and sales results are met
- Remain current on all industry news, technology, and key competitors
- Model Gucci image through appropriate wardrobe and presence Client Development
- Ensure the achievement of business objectives while developing a top client strategy for your department
- Ensure the implementation and development of company CRM initiatives
- Capture client data to increase and retain client loyalty Operations
- Control workflow through successful planning and delegation
- Maintain thorough understanding and enforce all policies and procedures. Ensure team adherence to all company operating, HR, and security procedures.
- Ensure maintenance of inventory accuracy and set up quantitative targets related to inventory control
- Assist Management in maintaining and submitting all payroll records for all boutique employees
- Maintain visual merchandising standards Talent Management
- Work with management to conduct monthly coaching/counseling sessions with employees to review performance and provide timely feedback. Oversee annual performance appraisal process for all store employees.
- Consistently monitor and follow up on productivity goals for the department
- Work with management to attract, recruit, and retain a high performing team. Build a talent pipeline through networking and competitive shopping
- Training and development of direct reports for future growth/career path
- Ensure a consistent and branded onboarding experience for all new employees
- Ensure Human Resources processes are adhered to in collaboration with the Corporate HR team
- Facilitate training, in collaboration with the Corporate Training team, on new product launches and new brand initiatives
- Promote a positive and professional team environment that fosters trust, integrity and superior performance standards, leading by example
- Minimum of 4-5 years of sales management experience in retail, luxury retail, or service related industry and proven track record of managing a team of 20 or more
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Proven ability to drive positive customer experiences that build loyalty and deliver measurable results
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to network, recruit, train, develop and asses talent
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Commercial awareness and strong business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- Passion for the fashion industry
- Flexibility to work a retail schedule which will include evenings, weekends, and holidays EOE M/D/F/V