Department Manager, Leather Goods - Short Hills
The Department Manager is a professional in the assigned product category who is responsible for driving the Leather Goods department’s business, the overall management of the sales associates in their respective department, promoting brand loyalty to customers in the luxury goods sector in order to guarantee the quantitative and qualitative objectives assigned for the division involved. He/she represents the company and is a proactive sales professional who operates according to the policies established by the General Manager and the Company.
Essential Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise sales associates; indirectly oversee any support staff working in the department.
- Create a team, whose activities will be coordinated in order to make sure the team is always motivated and competent.
- Identify potential candidates and recruit candidates for open positions.
- Train new hires and associates.
- Create work schedule for sales associates in the department.
- Identify and develop the strengths of each staff member, supporting professional growth through training.
- Assign targeted quantitative and qualitative objectives and ensure achievement by analyzing results, verifying monthly activities and setting up yearly assessments, with consistent follow-up
- Keep staff informed at all times regarding Store performance.
- Ensure internal procedures are followed
- Verify correct rotation of goods in the stockroom for the division involved and update staff accordingly to optimize sales.
- Communicate relevant information to buyers, store managers, regional director, store employees and own direct reports.
- Follow appropriate procedures for cash, stock, reporting and close out functions.
- Partner with Loss Prevention on procedures and processes to minimize shortage.
- Aid in inventory preparation.
- Maintain mature, worldly business attitude and professional presentation.
- Familiarity with the product and luxury market positioning.
- Sales and Customer Service
- Meet company’s sales plan for department’s business, achieve departmental goal set by Corporate and contribute to Store target.
- Consistently ensure customers are the number one store priority.
- Reflect Corporate image in terms of presence and ensure Staff is also aligned.
- Ensure image of the Store is in line with Corporate standards and Staff is aware of this standard.
- Guarantee excellent customer service including welcome and customer experience and supervise sales to ensure customer satisfaction and qualitative standards required by our brand are maintained.
- Cooperate with other Department Managers regarding all issues related to the product and internal processes.
- Personally manage all delicate situations regarding issues related to the product.
- Promote customer loyalty; follow Top clients as well as VIPs.
- Train and assist sales associates in suggesting additional merchandise to clients.
- Provide product knowledge training and development of sophisticated, worldly and international clientele base.
- Ensure sales associates are following up on pending alterations.
- Review and correct selling floor coverage as needed on a continuous basis.
- Support sales by contributing feedback with regard to the buying of the merchandise.
- Analyze sales based on corporate reports and verify stockroom merchandise for the division involved. Communicate technical and stock information related to the product to the Staff in the Department on a daily basis.
- Punctually submit all quantitative and qualitative information to the Merchandising Retail at Corporate in order to communicate any requirements and to predict any possible issues.
- Ensure display of the Department involved is in order and supervise product rotation.
- Constantly keep up-to-date regarding fashion trends; know and monitor competition and communicate this information to the Staff.