DENIM TECHNICAL DESIGNER
Responsible to maintain quality and fit integrity/consistency from proto stage through production, while maintaining product design integrity within calendar deadlines. Ensure all product is manufacturing ready at time of order placement. The Denim Technical Designer will prepare and lead fit sessions for assigned categories and execute style to final fit, quality and construction. Communicate all fit, quality and construction comments/issues via e-mail to import and domestic vendors.
- Ensure brand fit consistency is maintained seasonally. Work closely with new vendors on fit/construction requirements.
- Responsible for day-to-day cross-functional partnership with Design, Sourcing Managers and Quality Assurance.
- Manage the day-to-day development of product line that adheres to seasonal calendars and sourcing strategy.
- Track fit sample progress on T&A’s from vendors.
- In conjunction with Management; develop consistent size and fit standards, grade rules and tolerances, construction and quality standards, standard pattern blocks and tech pack blocks; how to measure standards.
- Develop spec/construction blocks at start of each season.
- Create manufacture ready technical specification packages at start of each season.
- Collaborate with QC/Audit/Sourcing department in reviewing/resolving production quality issues.
- Additional projects may be specified by management
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 5+ years of Technical Design experience, specifically with women’s and men’s denim
- Premium Denim experience a strong plus
- AA or higher in Fashion Design or related field.
- Strong knowledge of garment fit, construction and patterns across denim
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Illustrator
- Strong sense of urgency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and able to collaborate cross-functionally to ensure deadlines are met
Diversity Vision Statement:
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. We are an equal employment opportunity of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.