Denim Designer - L.E.I. & Black Daisy, Juniors
SAVE THE DATE!!!
One Jeanswear Group will be exhibiting at the StyleCareers.com Fall Fashion Career Fair in New York.
Face-to-face interviews will be held on Thursday, October 26th, 2017 at Penn Plaza Pavilion from 2pm to 7pm. Visit http://stylecareers.com/career-fair for more details.
One Jeanswear Group designs, markets, produces, and distributes a distinguished portfolio of branded and private label Jeanswear brands throughout North America. We work with retailers in every tier of distribution, seamlessly adapting to the dynamic retail landscape to reach our widespread consumer base. Our focus is on achieving long-term growth by delivering the most innovative product and brand strategies in the market.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Designer for Junior Denim Bottoms with our L.E.I. & Black Daisy Brands. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for managing the design process from conception through to final styling for assigned product category.
- Responsible for product design process to include market research, conceptual presentations, design and guidance through fabric, print, spec and fit processes.
- Responsible for researching markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics, techniques, etc.
- Actively participates in the conceptual development of product lines (i.e., sells ideas/concepts and convinces others to adopt a course of action).
- Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc.
- Provides insight regarding style and fit of product during presentation.
- Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- Provides direction for color ways on stripes, plaids and prints.
- Responsible for fabric and trim selection.
- Works with technical designer and pre-production partner to ensure design packages are complete and accurate.
- Partner with merchandising to assort line and develop product appropriate for business needs.
- Seasonal travel for research and/or product development is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 4 - 6 years design experience.
- Strong computer knowledge including Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel.
- String ability to sketch in illustrator and create tech packs
- Strong design and conceptual skills.
- Strong sense of style and color.
- Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color use, sewing techniques, graphics and trim.
- Understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and store environment.
- College degree in Fashion Design or a related field.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.