Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the
hallmarks of Kate Spade & Company. From handbags and clothing to
jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrance, eyewear, shoes,
swimwear, home decor, desk accessories, stationery, tabletop and
gifts, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages
personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it
Kate Spade & Company has over 168 retail shops and outlet stores
across the United States and more than 87 shops internationally.
Our colorful products are sold worldwide, in every time zone and
on every continent. Whether in San Francisco, Sao Paulo or
Shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting.
Welcome to Kate Spade & Company.
We're looking for a Data Analyst/Scientist to partner with our
marketing and business teams to answer key questions about how
to grow our customer lifetime value and revenue. This role will
help us discover the information hidden in our customer data,
and help us make smarter decisions to drive our business, meet
our KPI’s, and deliver the best customer experience. The ideal
candidate should have a deep understanding of consumer lifecycle
and behavior analysis, customer segmentation, predictive
modeling and a working knowledge of email and digital campaigns.
Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques,
performing statistical analysis, generating actionable insights,
and producing basic data visualizations. You will work with
cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize
actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of core
business areas. You should showcase a keen desire to solve
business problems, and live to find patterns and insights within
structured and unstructured data. You will propose analytics
strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking
of everyone around you. Lastly, you must bring not just an
analytics-orientation, but the ability to use analytics to drive
key success metrics and revenue generation.
• Develop and communicate a deep understanding of customer
lifecycle and segmentation, perform analytical deep-dives to
identify problems, opportunities and specific actions required
• Perform analytical deep-dives to analyze opportunities, design
and execute experiments, research, financial models and other
mechanisms to identify, evaluate and prioritize opportunities
• Extract actionable insights through analyzing large, complex,
multi-dimensional customer behavior data sets
• Producing basic data visualizations
• Extending company’s data with third party sources of
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
• Maintains the integrity of the database structure & works
directly with IT to ensure feeds are representative of
• Mines the data using complex regression models as well as
working with 3rd party technology platforms
• Brings disparate sources of data together in a uniform manner
• Works closely with 3rd party database provider to enhance the
structure of the datamart and partners on analytical projects
• 5+ years experience working within a CRM-driven organization
with direct experience in operations research, applied
statistics, and data mining.
• Experienced on the commercial side (fashion or retail a plus),
and decidedly “hands-on” and not just theoretical.
• Proven track record of being able to work independently with
the business stakeholders with minimal direction and
proactively engage with them
• Excel at making complex concepts simple and easy to understand
by those around you.
• Expert level SQL experience, experience with R or other
• Experience with quantitative techniques of regression,
multivariate analysis, and statistical significance testing
• Experience with BI tools
• Experience with Google Analytics, and/or Omniture, Coremetrics
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. i.e.,
translating complex concepts into layman’s terms and
influence both peers and senior leadership
• Works well with cross functional departments
Apply directly at our website using the link below. Please be
sure to select www.StyleCareers.com as the referring website.