Customer Service / Sales Operations Support Representative
Summary: Provides Customer Service and Sales Operations support to the organization by obtaining, analyzing, verifying and entering accurate order information in a timely manner. Initiates and/or implements corrective action as needed in order to ensure that an excellent level of service and customer satisfaction is maintained. This position also requires the coordination of complex timing and interaction as it relates to orders and shipping windows.
Receives processes and verifies the accuracy of orders from customers utilizing the organization’s internal ERP systems and customer purchase orders.
- Initiates required action for response to customer service requests for order changes, including the maintenance of order/customer information files and communicates changes to the appropriate personnel/departments.
- Ensures and provides quality service to both internal business partners and external customers.
- Receives inquiries from and/or contacts the organization’s sales team, internal business partners to resolve a variety of order-related issues.
- Accesses the company’s internal systems to obtain and extract order information and provide customer service management with the data for inclusion in various scheduled and special reports.
- Participates and provides expertise as a member of the customer service departmental team. The team’s objectives are develop and recommend changes to existing methods and systems to increase the accuracy, efficiency and responsiveness of the customer service department as whole.
- Reports directly to the CSR Manager
DETAILS OF FUNCTION:
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of standards, policies and procedures regarding customer service.
- Regularly provides feedback on the thoroughness and effectiveness of the customer service department’s policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all corporate policies, guidelines and statutory requirements and recommends to senior management adoption and/or changes to policies and guidelines to reflect circumstances within the customer service area.
- Works with the organization’s sales team, management team to resolve problems, facilitate solutions and enhance customer service.
- Responsible for notifying administration of any required updates of customer updates and on the organization’s internal database.
- Provides back-up support to the other group members in the performance of job duties as required.
- Answers customer inquiries/communications as required.
- Attends regular customer service departmental meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Candidate is required to have 5 years of progressive customer service experience. Must work well under pressure, be able to juggle many projects simultaneously, and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. This person must also exhibit a sense of urgency with excellent prioritization skills.