Hudson’s Bay Company is one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world. In North America, HBC’s leading banners include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Find @ Lord & Taylor, and Home Outfitters. In Europe, HBC’s banners include GALERIA Kaufhof (the largest department store group in Germany), Galeria INNO (Belgium’s only department store group), and Sportarena. At HBC we are a company of adventurers who explore uncharted territory, challenge convention, and work with imagination and fun.
In bringing the Gilt brand to the lifestyle industry, Gilt City is looking to hire a Sales Curator with a taste level to match! Having experience in both local market sales and luxury lifestyle offerings, this individual will partner with venues, restaurants, and services to creatively design offers that deliver access to our members’ respective city hotspots. Much like what we provide our members, we look for the best of the best in our team members. Our Sales Curator will develop strategic partnerships with our vendors and he/she will also collaborate with all departments to help exceed revenue goals.
Our ideal candidate can easily adapt to an energetic, fast-paced start-up environment. This person should have professional poise and presence when interfacing with the marketplace, have an inherent creative ability to identify unique coveted experiences and have a passion for winning.
· Execute against targets identified and agreed upon by management and the Market Lead
· Interface and communicate effectively with the Account Management team and leadership
· Evangelize and inspire the marketplace to work with Gilt City
· Build and cultivate relationships on an ongoing basis
· Represent Gilt City at trade, tastemaker events and local media outlets
· Organize pipeline and revenue projections for management and the Market Lead
· 3-5 years in Sales and/or Marketing
· 3-5 years in working on local service offerings with deep relationships in at least one category: restaurants, spa, activities, etc.
· Outstanding communication and presentation skills
· Expert in building and maintaining strategic partnerships
· Passion for fine food, wines, arts, culture and city life in New York
· A clear understanding of the hyper-local marketplace
· Ability to work in a start-up environment
· Proven track record of exceeding goals