CREATIVE FRONT END WEB DESIGNER
Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands’ End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home. With over 50 years of experience, Lands’ End is renowned for its culture of service for the customer and is recognized as an innovator in the industry. Lands’ End is publicly traded and listed on NASDAQ under the trading symbol (LE).
Creative Front End Web Designer
The Internet Creative department has an immediate need to bring on an experienced Front End Web Designer. As a web designer at the Lands’ End corporate headquarters, you’ll work closely with our Creative and Art Directors to help shape the front end visual experience. This role will be responsible for the independent creation of technical solutions and design, and delivering that solution through documentation and code to the website platform. You will also support a variety of projects within Creative and User Experience including the look and feel of the site, interactive projects, landing pages, and mobile experiences and email campaigns.
- Deliver strong Creative/UX recommendations to create powerful user experiences. Work in concert with creative partners to ensure their vision is met and translated to the web.
- Technical design and development – This role will be responsible for the independent creation of technical solutions and design, and delivering that solution through documentation and code to the website platform.
- Delivery, testing, and deploy – This role is a member of an integrated team, and will be involved throughout all stages of the delivery process including production, deployment, testing and support.
- While working in Creative, will adhere to workflow practices and policies in order to ensure seamless integrations within the CMA and web platforms.
- Help to introduce digital innovations. Assess and recommend improvements to the existing infrastructure in order to position Business.LandsEnd.com for success on current and future technologies.
- Assess and recommend additional solutions to deliver a powerful user experience across all platforms and devices with a focus on mobile and emerging technologies.
- Work closely with Art Directors to produce designs from Photoshop to code for all online marketing materials, i.e.. Email campaigns and website updates.
- Troubleshoot issues across browsers and web platforms
- Manage site content within CMA and web platforms
- Experience in and passion for web development and design.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field or equivalent experience and 3-5 years of proven technical experience in a front-end development role.
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of development support environments, including version control systems, IDE, compilers, orchestrators, test scanners, and the systems on which they reside.
- Comfortable working in *nix, OSX, and Windows end-user, server, and terminal environments.
- Previous experience with issue tracking/workflow management systems including JIRA or similar.
- The ability to work with and within a full-stack server environment to ensure your changes execute effectively, including JSP, Apache, and Tomcat.
- Experience with modern unit and functional testing frameworks to test and support the testing of your code and the system as a whole.
- Ability to work in Adobe Photoshop and execute visual designs with attention to detail by taking files from PSD to code.
- Experience or strong passion for executing in an agile development environment.
- Experience or strong passion for multi-platform (desktop/mobile) delivery of common content.
- Proven ability to deliver effective, on-time results from an established set of tasks.
- Ability to communicate complex web experiences to individuals and groups of wide backgrounds and experiences.
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral presentation skills.
Other Desired Skills:
- Additional understanding of other Adobe Creative Cloud programs is not required but would be nice to have.
- Artistic and creative skills, specifically with regards to the creation of digital content
- Working knowledge of Bootstrap
- Experience with Open Source tools (Git, Jenkins).
- Expertise with social media platforms
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Positive and professional
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with dynamic or triggered emails. Ie. Abandoned cart, Re-Order from History, Product suggestions.
Please include a link to an online portfolio that shows examples of web/product design. Candidates without an online portfolio or web-specific examples will not be considered.