For over 30-years, RGI has created innovative organization, storage and decorative design solutions for any space in the home. We continually strive to inspire our customers with functional and aspirational products that meet the needs of today’s global marketplace. Our Company caters to a growing segment of the home organization market and we team with leaders in this fast-changing marketplace. Our clients include Home Goods, TJ Maxx, Meijers, Lowes, and Menards among others,
Are you passionate about product? Do you have an affinity for great brands? Are you socially aware with a mindset for giving back? Then RGI may have that unique opportunity you’ve been looking for!! We’re searching for that rare individual who is both left and right brain thinking…equal parts merchant, product developer, and maybe even a bit designer…to join RGI as a Costing Manager and help us to shape the future direction of our brand.
The Costing Manager will support the Account Management Team (N.Y. based Sales), as well as the Shanghai and Manila based Sourcing teams, collaboratively participating in every aspect of the product costing process with a goal of effectively and efficiently managing and challenging the margin performance of all products being produced. As the internal costing expert, this role will be solution oriented and be expected to offer broad expertise in all aspects of product which impact margin (e.g. raw materials, manufacturing, price bench marking, freight, duty, etc…).
Responsibilities will include:
- Participate and collaborate throughout the product costing process acting as a conduit between Account Management, RGI Sourcing Offices and external vendors.
- Act in a solution oriented consultative capacity providing critical input on all areas that negatively impact or impede our ability to achieve (or exceed) target margin requirements.
- Continually review and monitor competitive price benchmarking (e.g. retail and factory comparatives) proactively suggesting areas and strategies for improvement.
- Review and enhance cost build ups, landed cost calculations and container loading in order to analyze margin at the sku level in an effort to meet or exceed company margin requirements.
- Participate as required in factory cost negotiations in partnership with RGI Sourcing Offices and Sourcing Manager.
- Extensive overseas communications with RGI offices in Shanghai and Manila, as well as with vendors in China, Vietnam and Philippines.
- Participate in the inventory management process ensuring account managers place orders on time to meet monthly targets, track inventory ownership & communicate internally and manage communication with retail buying offices.
- Update inventory forecast regularly tracking progress and communicating with the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Trade, Business or other Supply Chain related field
- 3-5 years costing/production experience within consumer goods business – fashion or fast fashion related experience preferred
- High analytical and quantitative aptitude along with strong product costing knowledge. Retail math or Inventory Planning experience a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills including PivotTables
- Experience with ERP systems & database reporting - Microsoft Dynamics (NAV) or Jet Reporting strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated collaborative solution oriented approach
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Excels in fast paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
We are growing quickly and are looking for dynamic entrepreneurial individuals who can team with us in building our business, culture and organization. If you are a product-centric creative thinker with a strong sense of social responsibility, then you just may thrive in this fast-paced collaborative environment.