The Production Coordinator contributes to the seasonal production process by coordinating the placement, execution and follow-up of manufacturing orders and by ensuring the timely delivery of quality, profitable goods.
Strategy & Innovation
- Research and coordinate raw materials and trims for approval.
Operations and Results
- Partner with Design to ensure timely execution of product development calendar.
- Enter and maintain updates for each style in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or shared drives; perform daily tracking of goods on order, in progress (WIP) and in-transit to ensure timely delivery according to development calendar; create and distribute production status reports; follow-up with vendors, factories and Design/Merchandising as needed.
- Partner with merchandisers to confirm accuracy of size breaks, tickets, and item information in PLM system; create and maintain approved vendor matrix, with costing and production capacity portfolio.
- Create, revise, input and maintain production orders and monitor transmission to factories; coordinate records of purchase orders (POs); coordinate tracking of all pre-production samples and stock deliveries.
- Maintain fabric/trim library, in partnership with Design; maintain product development logs, trim inventory/liability inventory, and production archives library; track non-compliance/claims chargebacks with vendors, where appropriate.
- Coordinate fit process with Design and Merchandising and ensure detailed notes are kept in PLM.
- Assist Production Manager in product development with Merchandising, Design and Sales to ensure correct execution of products and attainment of agreed-upon margin goals; assist in negotiations on pricing to ensure profitability, where appropriate; track customs classification coordination with Imports.
- Identify and raise quality and technical issues with factories, mills, vendors and team(s); track capacity and performance of vendors for Production Manager; track accurate costing and commitments to raw materials, where appropriate.
Customers & Relationships
- Build collaborative relationships, coordinate interoffice communication and follow-up with internal and external customers.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.
Skills and Requirements
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented and meticulous.
- Creativity, technical capability and sensibility for merchandising/design.
- Knowledge of garment manufacturing, including construction, fabrication, trim and print techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3 - 5 years experience in apparel production and sourcing; relevant experience in category.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products, CAD and PC computers.
- Excel Knowledge is a MUST.
GBG USA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer