The Production Coordinator is responsible for entering, managing and tracking all open production orders placed by the GBG business units. The role will coordinate with all GBG depts. to ensure accurate and timely receipt of all production buys, while maintaining an open line of communication with factories, sourcing offices and logistics groups throughout the GBG network.
- Manage/Review Item set up and creation into SAP.
- Work with costing teams to make sure item costs are created and finalized.
- Work daily with sourcing offices and/or factories on open/future production.
- PO Creation/Maintenance into SAP.
- Manage Production EDI feeds to factory/freight forwarders, etc.
- Manage weekly calls with overseas sourcing offices.
- Review weekly status reports to monitor on time shipments.
- Maintain notes for weekly production/merch meetings.
- Create and manage overseas PO status reports / projections reports.
- PO delivery date negotiations/updates.
- Manage booking approval process.
- Manage new vendor set ups.
- Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) negotiations.
- Work with Merch on new programs/commits.
- Work with vendors daily on PO/shipment/delivery issues or changes.
- Manage Factory Time and Action Calendar.
- Manage and follow up on all pre-production (PP) & top of production (TOP) samples.
- Maintain factory performance report card.
- Entry and maintenance of Direct Import (DI) Sales Orders/Production Orders with proper SAP links.
- Approve Carton marking on shipments.
- Understand and manage customer guidelines with overseas teams.
- Track and obtain Direct Import (DI) documentation.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- EDI and ERP Software experience, preferably SAP in an Apparel/Footwear environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, think and act independently, self-motivated.
- Good communication with business teams.
- Ability to set priorities effectively and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to understand business requirements and identify impacts to business.
- Ability to foster effective teamwork.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to learn difficult concepts quickly while offering creative solutions to problem solving.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent time management skills.
GBG USA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer