The CAD Artist will have a creative outlook and be responsible for the design and production of original art, recolorizations, and repeats for seasonal pattern and print development.
- Work with Design/ Conceptual teams to review pattern color trend direction and interpret into artwork appropriate for brand
- Creating prints through original work or importing purchased files, cleaning and placing prints into production size repeats
- Releasing artwork to vendors for development with clear and concise information for production
- Responsible for creating original artwork, consisting of color and texture, that is technically ready for design production as well as for visual presentations
- Translate pattern and color trend direction and interpret into artwork appropriate for the brand and client
- Create technical breakdown of all pattern layout and plaid specifications for design as communication tool for vendor fabric development
- Develop pattern repeats and produce alternate color ways for developed prints and plaids
- Provide production ready artwork, in both print and electronic format, for internal and external partners
- Collaborate with Design on the visualization, presentation, and communication of pattern concepts through CAD artwork
- Coordinate with Technology team to ensure appropriate equipment needs and maintenance for department
- Maintain library of seasonal patterns and prints
- Organizing and prioritizing multiple projects to meet established deadlines.
- Matching color standards to printed output from high-end color copier and Epson 4880 wide format printers.
- Must keep current and updated with color, fabric, and fashion trends applicable to target market products
- Scans and cleans up prints to assist vendors on executing to proper number of screens. Executes color separations.
- Research and share CAD methods to achieve desired knit and woven aesthetics, painterly techniques and accurate construction qualities
- Research and share current trends, colors, styles and design technologies via shopping trips, studio visits, courses.
- BA Degree in Design or Textile Design
- 5+ years experience in Textile Design with strong sense of textile development process from conceptualization to finished design
- Knowledge of repeat patterns, textile printing, yarn dye reproduction
- Experience with a range of textile media
- Strong sense of color for the creation of color ways and the ability to match colors accurately
- Experience with CAD systems (Ned Graphics, Kaledo) a must
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator & PhotoShop required
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Strong creative ability
- Self-starter, can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment.