BUYER (Retail) - Calvin Klein
The Buyer is responsible for ensuring that the merchandise strategy for the assigned departments meets or exceeds financial plans. Acts as leader with the cross functional teams (buying, planning, sourcing, design, and allocation).
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Handle all aspects of buying for assigned departments and classifications, ensuring that financial targets and plans are met.
- Take lead role in senior management meetings (business review meetings, monthly OTB meetings, etc.), presenting in-depth analysis of respective departments and classifications; must be able to sell and validate point of view.
- Identify key opportunities to maximize sales and drive the process to meet financial objectives.
- Responsible for overseeing the OTB, taking action as necessary; recommending changes to reorders, pricing strategies and markdowns.
- Maintain expert knowledge of the industry through store visits and competitive analysis.
- Identify business opportunities through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace/trend information.
- Communicate with design on best/worst sellers.
- Build and maintain effective business plans and relationships with licensees and third party vendors.
- Work with Visual team to create strong floor sets to drive maximum sales.
- Supervise and train Assistant Buyer
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years of retail buying experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong presenter with the ability to lead
- Must be highly organized & possess strong analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel
- Flexible to deadline demands, ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.