BENEFITS & PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
The Benefits & Payroll Administrator is responsible for the administration of all company benefits and processing by-weekly payrolls for USA and Canada, ensuring compliance with all state payroll regulations, garnishment processing, overseeing and maintaining the company’s time and attendance system, tax and statistical reporting compliance for federal, state and local jurisdictions.
- Responsible for processing payroll timely and accurately for USA and Canada
- Bi-weekly- distribute checks
- Ensure all employees hours are submitted/approved and correctly uploaded into ADP as well as manage all employee data in ADP; Maintain and manage payroll files and records
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, PTO, insurance and 401(k) deductions.
- Daily/Weekly- Immediately handle all garnishments
- Daily- Process all Payroll approval, new hire, changes and termination forms
- Conduct regular audits to ensure data accuracy
- Stay current on state and federal tax and other regulatory changes with impact on payroll operations. Ensure filing requirements and deadlines are being met and are in compliance with regulatory guidelines. Implement necessary changes in response. Ensure that the company is in compliance with statutes and regulations related to payroll, including enforcing compliance issues.
- Daily- Manage accurate entry of all benefits/FSA/transit check/401K forms
- Assist Accounting and Human Resources with reports and all applicable reporting required
- Complete Multiple Worksite Reports
- Monthly manually audit all employee hours to prevent overtime hours
- Daily- Maintain all in-house billing and process invoices immediately upon receiving
- Communicate w/ accounting department for any payroll invoices
- Daily- Maintain an organized filing system for all State invoices
- Daily- Maintain confidential employee medical files
- Daily- Process all benefits/FSA/transit check/401K forms during initial enrollment, open enrollment and terminations
- Assist in ensuring all payroll changes are processed correctly as a result
- Assist in communicating with FOA to ensure all benefits are up-to-date and inputted accurately
- Respond to general employee questions and benefits questions
- Assist in running ad hoc reports for Finance Department or other division requests
- Assist in organizing corporate events and team building events
- Assist in special projects when necessary
- Immediately handle all Retail & Corporate injury reports/workers compensation claims
- Assist w/ annual audits and yearly government mandated reporting (401k, EEOC filing, Benefits)
- Communicate w/ accounting department for any benefits invoices
- Assist Director of HR with implementation of new benefits and/or changes.
- Participate in benefit renewals.
- Bachelors Degree
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word
- Must have a sense of urgency and detailed oriented
- Must be highly reliable
- Must have excellent writing skills
- Problem solving skills