REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Technical Design
BUSINESS/LOCATION: New York & Company
The Associate Technical Designer key role is to Interpret Design’s concept into a technical package with complete information regarding garment specifications and construction according to the New York and Company brand standards
• Measure and prepare samples with accuracy before fit sessions.
• Take fit notes during fitting.
• Interact with MPR team on daily and weekly basis to manage the sample approval status in order to maintain company time/action calendar
• Interact with PDS team to associate the corrected pattern with appropriate technical package.
• Communicate to all agents/vendors and factories regarding contents of tech pack, corrections to samples and patterns. Interact on daily basis with agents/vendors to problem solve all issues related to garment engineering.
• Development of initial sample specifications from original samples and/or design sketch. Establish close partnership with Design in order to facilitate the interpretation of Design concepts.
• Determine corrections to achieve fit and document in the PDM technical package incorporating technical sketches, garment construction details, grading, labeling requirements, and ticket placement.
• Assist in conducting fittings on live models and help to determine fit corrections based on New York and Company brand standards.
• Maintain and track the flow of samples from Fit Samples through Pre-Production/Reference samples to ensure process is adhered
• Ensure through proper specifications, fittings and recommendations to design that merchandise is produced to help drive sales and profitability
• Minimum 3 years experience in the field
• Working knowledge of PDM and strong PC skills
• Patternmaking and garment construction knowledge
• Live model fitting experience
• Ability to work in high volume department and interact with multiple cross-functions
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
Bachelor’s Degree; BS. BA.