Associate Product Developer
Established in 1932, by Robert Tyre Jones Jr. and Clifford Roberts, Augusta National is consistently recognized as one of the finest clubs in the world. Home of the Masters® Tournament, the club facilities include a championship golf course, a par three course, multiple dining rooms, an extensive wine cellar and overnight accommodations for members and their guests.
Augusta National Golf Club has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Product Developer.
Under the direction of the Manager of Sourcing and Product Development, this role is responsible for the development, design and execution of a unique product assortment that is offered to patrons of the Masters Golf Tournament. This assortment includes of home textiles, drinkware, home accessories, office accessories, golf/outdoor items, luggage/wallets and headwear. The ideal candidate should be a driver of innovation while relentlessly seeking continuous improvement throughout the process; is attentive to detail/quality and has a strong degree of ownership. In addition, enjoys being part of a highly collaborative team and has passion for what they do.
- Development and designs for product categories from concept to package while maintaining the product development timeline.
- Keeps within the brand essence and identities, monitors, and studies global trends that will be translated into innovative and appealing product initiatives that can be successfully and profitably commercialized and produced.
- Understands and assists with the elements of cost of goods that include base cost, duty, freight, and art as they relate to the financial plans.
- Negotiates favorable terms and pricing.
- Communicates with third party design consultants with respect to line and product development efforts.
- Works closely with the Graphic Designer in the creation of CAD development and design concepts.
- Assists with coordination of trim details for products.
- Communicates with domestic suppliers as required.
- Tracks all approvals throughout the product development stage.
- Assists with visual merchandising efforts for finished product placement and display for Member and Masters Tournament shops.
- Track samples, pricing, and production for all products being developed to maintain an organized work flow for the department.
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as negotiation skills in tandem with creative and innovative abilities.
- Excellent presentation skills, with strong organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Working knowledge using Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator and Photoshop is preferred.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks within tight deadlines and an extreme attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to take the lead on projects while anticipating the needs of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Design/Retail Merchandising or related field required.
- Minimum of two year’s retail or design experience, and or product development experience required.
Augusta National Golf Club offers a competitive salary and benefit package to include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability (paid by employer)
- Pension Plan (paid by employer)
- Paid Holidays