Job Title: Associate Planner –Replenishment & E-Com
Incumbent: Tom Chuong
Manager: Planning Manager
Manager’s Name: Taleea Brown
Date: December 1, 2016
• Merchandise Planning
• Basic Replenishment
The Associate Planner is a dual role that plans the E-Commerce
business and maintains the daily Replenishment functions within
the Menswear & Womenswear Brands for Hugo Boss DOS Stores, Shops &
eCOMM. This role supports achieving company objectives as well as
applying solutions to problems that will reduce liability and
maximize business opportunities.
This includes driving the overall direction and performance of all
basic categories for apparel, shoes and accessories.
The role also manages the annual and pre-season planning for
eCOMM, across all categories.
• Works directly with Senior Buyers, Merchandising Planning and
Wholesale to select and manage customized assortments of
basic never out of stock product categories that will drive
sales and meet customer demand.
• Drive replenishment item performance through the planning,
order placement and management of key items.
• Performs effective analysis and decision making to achieve
replenishment sales ! inventory levels and in-stock rate of
• Develop effective partnerships with forecast and reserve stock
teams where necessary (i.e. AG, WHS).
• Proficient in all HB retail merchandising systems: SAP Retail,
BIS, Allocation & Auto Replenishment.
• Manage the Never Out of Stock (OTB) Open-to-Buy and identify
opportunities in order to meet financial goals.
• Compile, maintain, and distribute merchandise selling reports
on NOS styles through BIS weekly.
• Analyze merchant reports weekly, and based on results,
suggests ways to react to business needs.
• Responsible for shipping, discontinued basic promotions,
special orders and inter-store merchandise transfers.
• Ensure consistent & profitable in-season replenishment
strategies that tie back to company objectives.
• Partners with various resources to conduct daily
responsibilities (i.e. AG, Buying, Planning, Wholesale, and
• Develop & forecast monthly and seasonal departmental ! brand !
gender ! line ! main product group level financial objectives
for all product categories that meet financial goals and
• Manage OTB process monthly with updates to net sales and
inventory that maximizes productivity with pre-season analysis,
buy plans, basic replenishment. Forecast future trends based
on history that corresponds with identified business strategies
that ensures merchandise remains competitive.
• Proactively identify dept. specific retail opportunities,
proposing solutions and communicating a clear direction:
includes recommending & executing markdowns for sale period in
partnership with merchandise buying.
• Regular (weekly) review of key performance indicators with net
sales, margin, turnover, sell-thru and weeks of supply of
merchandise for productive return on investment; and therefore
reacting to changes in demand.
• Perform ad hoc analysis based on historical performance &
merchandise product attributes.
• Utilize SAP Retail ! Auto Replenishment ! Allocation Systems.
• Utilize BIS Reporting for analysis and reporting analysis.
• BS College Degree
• 2-5 years Merchandising or related Experience. Experience with
E-Commerce would be preferable.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills
• Demonstrate solid understanding of merchandise financials &
• Proficient in Excel, PC, and merchant systems operations
• Independent, self motivated, detail-oriented
• Ability to multi-task in a busy office environment
The HUGO BOSS Group and its brands
HUGO BOSS is growing
For many years now, the Group has ranked among the global
market leaders in superior fashions – and been progressively
extending this position.
Today the fashion group generates sales of 1.75 billion EUR
with a workforce of more than 10,000. Flanking highly developed
product competence and excellent logistics as cornerstones of
this continuing success is a global marketing network powered
by a comprehensive knowledge of markets and consumers in over
Further indicators of the Group’s strength are the high number
(over 1,500) of HUGO BOSS Stores operating worldwide, and the
more than 6,500 other partner POS venues. Consistent,
innovative visual merchandising and efficiently implemented
marketing measures serve to reinforce the image of both the
Group and its brands.
The BOSS and HUGO brands cover all the major fashion segments
for men and women. Additional product groups such as shoes and
accessories, fragrances, eyewear, children's wear, and watches
complement the individual collections. This broad based and
well structured platform enables HUGO BOSS to offer each of its
target groups the fitting outfit for every occasion.
Sorry, applications for this position are not being accepted
through www.StyleCareers.com. To apply for this position,
please apply directly at our website using the link below.
Please be sure to choose StyleCareers.com as the referring
HUGO BOSS is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer