ASSOCIATE MERCHANT - Shoes
Support Merchant in all facets of a multi-departmental business, along with developing and owning the merchandising strategies for a specific department.
- Track and experience Sydney's attitude and lifestyle.
Sales and Margin:
- Partner with Merchant and senior management to manage and analyze business in order to increase sales and profitability and minimize risk and markdowns.
- Where applicable; negotiate costs; build and manage time and action calendar for all adopted styles. Attend weekly T&A meetings to review with appropriate Cross-Functional Teams.
- Work with teams to conduct seasonal Hindsight review.
- Work with Planners and Merchant teams to build 6-month financial plans.
- Conduct and lead roll-up meetings where you assign APS's and retails to product. Attend Merchant team post roll-up meeting. Provide appropriate feedback.
- Partner with Planners and Merchant teams in the Monthly Business Review (MBR) process.
- Manage on-order and receipts to ensure timely delivery and projected inventory and density levels.
- Analyze the business and assist the Merchant in all financial areas.
- Partner with the Merchant in all strategic planning aspects of the department.
- Collaborate with the Merchant on vendor resource, calendar and costing strategies to facilitate production planning.
- In collaboration with production, (if applicable), build and maintain vendor relationships with a strategic approach related to business needs, financial plans and projections to deliver quality product
- Identify partner/market vendors for development/production. Adhere to strategies that support the vendor structure.
- Where applicable, manage fabric commits with vendors. If you have production -- manage in partnership with them
- Collaborate with the Merchant in driving the overall direction and performance of a merchandising category or department.
- Partner with Merchant to analyze business in order to increase sales and profitability and minimize risk and markdowns
- Partner with Merchant in development of assortment strategy for department based on categories of business, price point, fabrication/yarn and vendors
- Communicate daily with Vendors to discuss life cycle of garment development, from design detail and trim detail, to final execution.
- Stay abreast of Sydney's lifestyle, needs, and the evolution of, through regular and frequent trips to market and stores.
- Bring appropriate FL selling reports and samples, along with trend swipe.
- Conduct product reviews with Cross-Functional Teams as well as line adopt
- Ensure the vision of the product is reflective of the strategies and needs of the business.
- Partner with Creative Merchandise Manager and Visual to provide product knowledge for stores.
- Manage departmental on-order.
- Develop styles in system; create and generate purchase orders.
- Track daily receipts and communicate with vendor to ensure timely receipts.
- Build an awareness of priorities and requirements of cross-functional team members.
- Some travel as needed for store visits
- 4-Year College Degree Preferred
- 2-4 years related work experience in Brand Development and Merchandising
- Broad-based business acumen with potential to grow to Merchant level
- Understanding of vertically integrated retail operations
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Fashion sense to envision and interpret fashion trends
- Ability to innovate change through visionary thinking and strategic management
- Strong presentation, communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Successful track record for business growth and bottom line results
- Understands the competition, target customer, and Brand-specific fashion trends
- May assume full responsibility for merchandise category or department to deliver or exceed volume and profit goals