ASSOCIATE MERCHANT - Chico's Outlets
To support the Merchant Team through a variety of daily tasks including order writing, business analysis, presentations, product review and vendor meetings. The Associate Merchant will proactively develop strategic merchandising action plans for a specific department while working with the Merchant to drive sales and increased profitability for assigned product area.
- Partner with Merchant and cross functional team to build, assort, and plan the line for designated categories
- In partnership with Merchant own business for all merchandise, sales, inventory and margin.
- Travel to stores to connect with our customer.
- Participate with peers and leadership in research and discussion regarding competitive and aspirational landscape as well as applicable trends.
- Assists in order processing and sample management
- Attend Product reviews when necessary and follow up with product managers or CAD studio as needed
- Partner with Merchant to initiate P.O. process with Planning
- Participate weekly or as needed in Production meetings.
- Prepare markdowns for Merchant review.
- Create strong partnerships among cross functional areas including Planning, Design, Product Management, Sourcing, Tech Design, Marketing, Allocation, Store Ops and Visual.
- Participate in stage set to understand the building of fixture/shop concepts
- Communicate the Best and Worst Sellers weekly to key partners.
- Present business strategies, assortment and best and worst seller to key partners as needed.
- Manage the seasonal merchandising hindsights.
- 2 - 3 years of experience with an apparel retailer
- BA/BS in related field from an accredited institution
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent computer and skills
- Ability to multi task and complete projects on time
- Effective presentation skills
- Broad based business acumen with potential to grow to Merchant level
- Reads and reacts to business needs with a sense of urgency