ASSOCIATE MANAGER, RAW MATERIALS
Responsible for driving the research and development of seasonal fabric assortments for assigned area. Work closely with Fabric R & D Director to drive daily communications with mill/vendor partners to support the execution of the fabric development process.
- Support Fabric R&D Director in the analysis and evaluation of qualities in a timely manner.
- Partner with Fabric R&D Director to initiate and drive fabric adoption process.
- Regular communication/touch bases with Fabric R&D Director to review issues, challenges, and directives.
- Maintain fabric development binders in respective areas.
- Drive fabric development process and calendar in partnership with Fabric R&D Director.
- Daily updating, maintaining of the fabric development T&A and Fabric chart.
- Partner with Fabric R&D Director to develop and maintain working relationships with mills/vendors globally. Ownership for maintaining existing relationships.
- Regular communication/touch bases with Fabric Manager to review issues, challenges, and directives.
- Organization and maintenance of fabric qualities in fabric library in respective area as outlined in SOP's.
- Partner in building seasonal fabric concept boards.
- Research and stay abreast of aesthetic fabric trends and technological developments.
- Make departmental recommendations as seen necessary to support the development of the department.
- 4~Year College Degree in Fashion preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years in fabric research and development in the retail fashion industry
- Very detail oriented and ability to drive to completion with strong communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Clear understanding of general fabric development process
- Solid fabric construction knowledge across a specialized area (i.e. woven, knit, yearn, trim) and general fabric construction understanding across wovens and knits
- Clear understanding of dyeing, printing, and finishing techniques
- Awareness of fabric trends, direction, and research avenues
- Computer literate in Microsoft office programs and WEB PDM