The Associate Buyer is responsible for achieving sales and profit objectives for a specific merchandise category or categories, under the direction of the Buyer. This individual will purchase and negotiate merchandise while partnering with the Merchandise Planning to maximize business opportunities. The Associate Buyer is also responsible for assisting the Buyer in several capacities, for aiding in the development and training of the Assistant Buyer and Merchandise Assistant.
• 3-4 years of experience in buying office
• University/ College degree or commensurate retail experience
• Strong business and financial analysis skills
• Strong retail math acumen, including elements of markup, margin planning, open to buy, inventory productivity measures (WOS, T/O, GMROI), Assortment Planning
• Ability to develop strong relationships across all levels of the organization
• Ability to build / maintain strong Vendor partnerships Willingness to travel, including overseas
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.