The Associate Buyer is responsible for supporting the Men’s Tailored Clothing & Dress Furnishings department for USA | CAN | MEX and supporting the Sr.| Buyer in developing assortments that meet the needs of the customer in DOS stores and shops. This includes aiding the Buyer(s) in driving direction and performance in several merchandise categories while working with cross functional partners to identify challenges and maximize business opportunities.
• Supports Sr. | Buyer in developing product assortments that support consumer demand in DOS stores and shops.
• Prepares detailed by style weekly and seasonal selling reports for all categories within Men’s Clothing & Dress Furnishings.
• Has direct communication with stores and shops regarding product needs, special orders and stock inquiries.
• Supports with market appointment preparation by providing merchandise trend, sales and performance analysis that is relevant both globally, regionally and by country for most effective decision making.
• Enter all seasonal collection buys with accuracy and attention to detail. Track product delivery into the markets.
• Informs on current selling trends, consumer buying patterns and helps predict future trends for consumer reaction.
• Create, prepare, communicate and present product knowledge for 4 seasonal collections. Partner with Buyers, Creative & Brand, and Store Training departments to ensure selling features of product are highlighted for the retail store teams.
• Analyze full price seasonal performance and based on results, recommend markdown percentage to Planner(s).
• Analyze full price seasonal performance and based on results, recommend key information to Allocator(s).
• Partner with various resources to conduct daily responsibilities i.e. AG, Planning, Allocation, Wholesale, Regional and Store Management, Distribution and Licensed Vendors.
• Utilizes standard reporting through web based merchandise systems SAP Retail | BIS Reporting.
• Utilizes SAP | AFS for merchandise inquiry management and communication.
• Utilizes Microsoft PowerPoint for Product Knowledge Presentations for USA.CAN.MEX.
• Bachelors Degree in Business | Merchandising or 3+ years retail experience.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office & PC operation
• Adapts to shifting circumstances In business environment
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Fashion Product & Trend Awareness
• Build cross functional partnerships
• Self-motivated with a positive “can-do” attitude