Perry Ellis International is currently seeking an Assistant Textile Designer for our Miami, FL location. The Assistant Textile Designer is responsible for supporting the creation and production of print designs that meet or exceed the needs of the business in line with brand guidelines. The ideal candidate has a strong artistic background including the ability to create conceptual and final art in several different mediums.
* Researches current artwork market trends in partnership with textile/graphic team to influence conceptual direction for brand/categories .
* Creates seasonal trend and/or artwork presentation boards per brands as needed
* Performs departmental maintenance (e.g., daily upkeep of printers, filling, library maintenance) as needed
* Constant interaction with design & product development team
* College degree in Graphic Design, Textile Design Illustration or related field
* Minimum 2+ years of relevant Print Design experience (internships included), preferably in the retail or textile industry
* Demonstrates increased proficiency and expertise in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Ned Graphics or related program
* General knowledge of print and textile design
* Good sense of color application
* Works well under pressure with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple deadlines without sacrificing attention to detail
* Basic PC knowledge required
* Good interpersonal communication
* Team player with strong organizational and time management skills